Taking care of your eyes are so important, so any changes in your vision and eye condition should be investigated.
To help you take good care of your eye health, here are some tips:
- UV light can damage your eyes, so wear a hat and sunglasses when you’re outdoors on a particularly sunny day
- Make sure you have regular visits to the optometrist for a check up
- If you are a smoker, it is not too late to improve your eye health by quitting, because smoking can damage the blood vessels that supply nutrients to your eyes
- Regular exercise and a healthy diet always helps by keeping your blood vessels in good shape
- Always ensure you have proper lighting when doing some reading
- Manage your chronic diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol, as they can all affect your eye health
- Avoid straining your eyes, so take some regular breaks when working in front of your computer
Luckily, some common eye problems can easily be treated with simple Over-The-Counter products from the pharmacy, so speak to your local friendly pharmacist for some advice!